The King of fruits is here.. Not a day passes by when we don’t relish the goodness of such a huge variety of mangoes. I had this sweet craving but wanted to go low on calories. Hence decided to make a Sandesh. Combining it with my favourite fruit Mango took the experience to another level altogether .
A very easy one try it out
Homemade fresh chenna (cottage cheese) rubbed with sugar, rose water , saffron and finely chopped nuts rolled in thin slices of alphonso mango. Here is the recipe –
- Milk 1/2 litre ( I used Amul gold )
- 1 tbsp vinegar( to separate milk and make chenna)
- Granulated Sugar 3 tbsp (adjust to taste)
- Chopped pistachios- 1 tsp
- Few saffron leaves
- 2 tsp rose water
- 2 alphonso mangoes peeled and cut into thin layers
- In a thick bottomed deep vessel, bring the milk to a boil. Add vinegar and stir till water separated out. Turn off the heat. Strain this mixture using a Muslin cloth and pass through cold running water. Press under a heavy object for 5 minutes till all of water is drained and you have fresh pulpy paneer.
- In another bowl take this paneer , add sugar and mash using your palm until all of sugar granules dissolve and you have a light fluffy mixture. At this stage heat a small non stick pan/kadai and stir this mixture on low-medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Remove from vessel and cool. Add the remaining ingredients except mango. Sandesh is ready.
- Divide this mixture into 12-14 parts or as many strips of mango you have .
- Place the Sandesh on each mango slice and roll it tight. Place on a serving dish. Decorate with nuts, edible silver foil or a fruit syrup of your choice. Serve chilled or immediately.
Don’t forget to like us on