Marwari cuisine offers a wide range of mouthwatering dishes. This one is a not so common yet an easy and palate pleasing recipe.
Made during fast( vrat/ upwaas) .. It’s definitely heavy, laden with ghee and sweet.. But we do need that extra energy . Didn’t I say we are fasting !!
Nonetheless , Enjoy this yummy Potato halwa aka aloo Seera .. Anytime 😊
- 4 medium potatoes boiled, peeled and grated
- 4tb sp ghee
- 1/2 cup ( or more) sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- Few saffron strands
- Almond and pistachio slivers
Let’s start cooking
- Heat ghee in a thick bottomed nonstick Pan. Add potatoes and saute very well until golden brown tinch. ( This step is most important. More you saute better the taste)
- Add milk and sugar and cook until sugar dissolves and ghee separates.
- Take off the stove and add the remaining ingredients. Serve hot with potato chips .
- The potato might stick to the pan, keep stirring continuously.
- Add hot milk to help sugar dissolve quickly.
**To continue seeing posts. Please like Abhiscookbook