Cadbury’s Dairy Milk has been my companion since childhood days..
A gift for a friend, a lover, a guest or a family member.. You can never go wrong with Cadbury .. The variety of flavors offered, there is something to suit everyone’s taste bud.
To participate in Cadbury Mishti Sera Shristi, the dish had to be special..
Here’s presenting my ‘Spicy Mexican Truffles’ .. With a hint of cayenne pepper and cinnamon..inspired by the sweet and spicy tooth of Kolkattans.. Each truffle is hand rolled and personalized with so much love.
The aftertaste will leave you so surprised and in an ecstatic state ..
Enjoy these two bite truffles ..
- 250 grams Cadbury dairy milk (milk chocolate)
- 100 grams white chocolate
- 100 ml heavy cream
- 10 grams butter
- 5 grams cayenne pepper( Lal mirchi)
- 5 grams cinnamon (dalchini)
For rolling (your choice) – chocolate sprinklers, cocoa powder, grated chocolate , crushed pistachios, silver balls, crushed peanuts, grated coconut ,icing sugar, dairy milk minis, dairy milk shots .
- Chop separately 100 grams each of white chocolate and dairy milk chocolate. Keep in glass bowls.
- Heat together heavy cream and butter and add 50 ml to each bowl of chopped chocolate. Leave for a minute and stir till chocolate melts and we have a thick ganache.
- At this stage add cayenne pepper and cinnamon.
- Refrigerate both the ganache for an hour.
- In a double boiler, melt 100 grams dairy milk chocolate. Grate the remaining 50 grams for rolling .
- Using a melon baller scoop ganache on a butter paper. Both white and chocolate.take one ball and stuff the other in it to get a nice double colored truffle. We may leave the ball as it is also. Refrigerate again for 10minutes.
- Roll into the topping of your choice and serve.
- Special dairy milk truffles are ready for grabs.
Points to remember
- Always melt chocolate on double boiler lest they burn.
- Don’t over-boil the cream, just heat it in the microwave for 15-20seconds.
- Dust hand with cocoa while hand rolling the truffles.