Mom use to make these sweet delicacies along with the savoury one.. I couldn’t stop eating one after the other as many as I could till the batter finished .. 😝
I was crazy for these Meetha Chilla or whole wheat pancakes..
The crunch of dry coconut, peppercorns and fennel seed adds a distinct flavour to it.
If you have unannounced guests it can be prepared instantaneously.. When I plan to make it , I rest the batter for a couple of hours Atleast only to get a fluffier result..
Enjoy and relish this sweet delicacy.. ☺️
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp dessicated coconut (optional )
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- Slivered almonds and pistachios for garnishing
- 1 tbsp icing sugar for dusting
- 1 tbsp honey to drizzle
- 2 tbsp Oil
- In a large bowl take flour, sugar, peppercorns, fennel seed and coconut.
- Add water , little at a time to make a batter approximately the consistency of a dosa batter. It shouldn’t be flowy. (Approx 2-3 cups)
- Let the batter rest for a couple of hours. If making instantly mix the batter till sugar dissolves.
- Grease and heat a nonstick pan and spread a little batter to make a pancake. Drizzle oil and roast on both sides until golden brown.
- In a serving dish, place the Pancake. Dust sugar. Sprinkle almond and pistachio . Drizzle honey and serve hot.
- add a small pinch of salt to enhance the flavour of the dish
- You may also Serve with whipped cream and maple syrup.
Don’t forget to like http://www.facebook.com/abhiscookbook
It helps me continue my culinary quest. Thanks for visiting !