I was roaming around the super market looking for a bunch of lettuce..and staring at me were these little juicy red cherry tomatoes..
They kinda invited me .. Pick me!!
And so I did..
Now what do I do with this big batch of cherry tomatoes.. Sun dry them was my first thought .. And again, they told me .. Eat me now .. Had a loaf of store bought garlic bread..
Just before lunch .. I decided to make myself a healthy appetiser and the result is this lovely looking colourful , flavourful yummilicious BRUSCHETTA…
The quick fix recipe is here …
- Half loaf of garlic bread
- 200grams cherry tomatoes
- 2 cheese cubes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 sprig each Fresh Italian herbs(basil, parsley)
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Butter to grease bread
- Salt to taste
- Cut the cherry tomato into half and place in the centre of an oven safe plate.
- Drizzle olive oil. Sprinkle dried herbs, chopped garlic , salt(be generous).
- Slice bread and apply butter on one side . Keep it around the cherry tomatoes.
- Place in a 250degree preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
- On each bread slice place some tomatoes, fresh Italian herbs , and cheese .
- Grill for another minute or two. Serve hot .
1. Make a topping of your choice to make another version of bruschetta with onion, corn , mushroom.
2. Place the garlic on the tomatoes slices and not on plate lest they get burnt