Last month , my coconut rice recipe got featured by FortuneFoods… And they sent me a bag of this amazing biryani rice..
It’s Sunday I decided to make Navratan pulao with the special rice..it is so called because it has 9 types of vegetables in it ..
Happy to share the recipe with you..
- 100 grams Paneer
- 1 Cup long grained basmati Rice
- One each of star anise,dalchini,laung and elaichhi
- 1tsp shahjeera
- 4tbsp ghee
- Thinly sliced onion and potatoes half cup each
- Kismis and kaju 10-12 each
- Mix vegetables – 2 cup ( peas,carrot,beans,cauliflower)
- Chopped tomatoes- 1/2 cup
- 1/4tsp garam masala
- 1tsp pulao masala (optional)
- 1/2 tsp each haldi and red chilli powder
- 1/2 cup Hung curd
- Salt and sugar to taste.
- For garnishing Kedar 10-12 strands soaked in 2tbsp warm milk.
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp kewra water
1. Cook rice adding salt, kewra water ,bay leaf and star anise.
2. Grate paneer . Add salt, ginger green chillies . Make small balls and deep fry.
3. Heat ghee . Fry onions, potatoes, kaju and kismis separately. Keep aside.
4. In leftover ghee, add shahjeera, dalchini , laung, elaichhi and star anise from the rice.
5. Add vegetables and cook till vegetables are tender.
6. Add tomatoes, turmeric, red chilli powder, salt and sugar . Add hung curd.
7. Finally add rice, fried onions, potatoes , cashew and raisins.
Garnish with soaked Kesar and serve.
- To fasten the process . The vegetables can be pressure cooked until soft but firm.
- Layer the rice and vegetables separately in a baking dish. Cover with aluminium foil and bake it for 20 minutes @ 180degree preheated oven .
- Serve with onion raita as accompaniment .
Like us on http://www.facebook.com/abhiscookbook