This was long due.
Winter is here and an evening dinner seems incomplete without soup. Every time we visit a restaurant the first thing to order is one by two soup. Ahh…a whole bowl is too much..isn’t it?I wonder how to get this creamy texture. They must be having some secret ingredients. Why does it taste so different from the home made thing.
The secret is revealed today after several failed experiments..the whole spices clove,black cardamom and cinnamon and caramelized onion is the mantra..
The step by step pictorial recipe…
Presenting Restaurant Style Cream of Tomato Soup…Slurp Slurp…
- Tomatoes chopped – 1 kg
- Onion chopped – 1 large
- Garlic- 2 cloves
- 1 each of clove,cardamom, cinnamon stick
- Butter- 1tbsp
- Fresh cream- for garnishing
- Salt, sugar, pepper to taste.
- In a pressure cooker, melt butter. Saute onion and garlic until caramelized.
- Add the tomatoes and whole spices. Add half cup water and cook for 3-4 whistles.
- Remove the whole spices and churn in a hand blender.
- Pass through a sieve and simmer for another 5-7 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Serve piping hot garnished with cream with bream croutons and soup sticks.