It’s a day to dine out for the entire family. I decide to stay indoors and make myself a nice quick meal. I don’t wanna put in a lot of effort . Oops, hardly and vegetables available…
Never mind, it cant get quicker than this and the effort required is perhaps just double that of maggi…( alright alright…its not like that… :P)
Presenting , a sumptuous and soul satisfying quick treat…
Cheesy white Sauce Pasta…yum yum …
- Penne Pasta Boiled- 100 grams
- Onion cut into cubes – 1 large
- Capsicum cut into pieces – 1 large
- American corn -50 grams
- Olive oil -2 tsp
- Red chilli flakes- 1/4 tsp
- Mixed italian herbs – 1 tsp
- Cheese – 2 cubes
For White Sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 2 cups milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a nonstick pan melt butter, add flour and stir continuously for a minute.
- On low heat, add milk gradually and keep stirring so no lumps form. Bring to a boil.
- Add salt, pepper and 1 cube grated cheese. remove from heat. Keep aside
- In another pan heat oil. Add onion, capsicum and corn.
- Saute till vegetables are cooked but crunchy.
- Add white sauce and boiled pasta.
- Add salt, pepper , chilli flakes and italian seasoning.
- Toss. Serve hot garnished with grated cheese.
- Load with vegetables of your choice brocolli ,coloured bell pepper, mushroom ..
- While boiling pasta add some salt and oil. Will keep it from sticking to each other. Don’t overboil.
- Add this in between two bread slices and grill. Pasta sandwich is ready.