It was winters and I was attending a friend’s late night wedding … at 1 am all we friends wanted to go for a drive..on way was this dhaba where crowd seemed to be flowing in even at this hour..even though my tummy was already too full, I asked for another naan.. It was only natural considering we had ordered for this best ever mouthwatering ‘Paneer Lababdaar’.. M not a big fan of paneer but this dish totally bowled me over.. After several failed attempts to replicate the dhaba style paneer.. I realised.. Dhaba means simple food, with loads of butter..
Ek roti aur dena Makhan maar ke.. Meaning (can I have another butter laden bread)..hehe..
That’s exactly what I did and the result is homemade quick fix dhaba style paneer lababdaar..
Irresistible.. Isn’t it?
explained in pictorial form..
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a kadai. Add one each of bay leaf,slit dry red chilli,clove and cardamom.
- Add 2 large ground onions. Sauté until brown.
- Sauté masalas till oil separates.
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 sp red chill powder
- 2 tsp Dhaniya powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala(optional)
- Add 2 ground tomatoes and cook for a minute.
- Add 1 each of cubed onion and capsicum.cook until onion is tender.. (Capsicum tastes better when crunchy)
- Mix in one cubed tomato.
- Add 200grams paneer cubed. Also add 1tbsp or more fresh cream(I used malai). Cook for another minute.
- Finally add salt to taste.
- Serve hot with bread of your choice. 😊
Enjoy your meal..
Achhar, onions, green chillies, roti and paneer lababdaar.. Finger licking good….
Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/abhiscookbook