My foodie friends were having this long discussion about dark chocolate and its benefits and how we can indianise it.. N someone suggested this chocolate samosa.. We have heard of the regular fried version.. Though that is also rare but doable..
This one is a totally innovative and made from scratch recipe.. You won’t find it anywhere online..
A no-fried samosa 😳
A sweet samosa 😳
N it’s a ‘CHOCOMOSA ‘… It’s got this soft tender texture of Sandesh on the outside and the dark chocolate ganache mixture on the inside.. The crunch of the nuts and the choco chips make you savor the taste for a long time indeed…
Ingredients for outer Sandesh layer (makes 10-12 pieces)
- Fresh homemade Chena(cottage cheese) 100gms
- Sugar 20grams
- Cocoa powder 2-3 tbsp (as per taste)
- Mash the Chena for a few minutes until smooth..add the sugar and continue mashing until sugar melts and the Chena feels light.. Approx 5 mins..
- Take half the mixture and heat it in a non-stick vessel.. Stirring continuously .. (This will help to stiffen our dough..Warming also gives the perfect Sandesh texture).. Just stir it for a minute or two..
- Remove from heat and add the remaining Chena and the cocoa powder.. Mash again until you have a smooth pliable mixture.. Refrigerate.
Ingredients for the filling Dark chocolate
- Chopped 40 grams
- Amul fresh cream 20 grams
- Roasted almond chopped 1 tsp
- Roasted pistachio chopped 1 tbsp
- Cashew slivers(optional) 1 tbsp
- Choco chips white n dark (optional)
Method (to make the ganache)
- Slightly warm the fresh cream .. (10 seconds on microwave) Add the chocolate.. Stir till you get a smooth shining ganache and all the chocolate has melted..mix nuts and keep aside.
Method (to make the Chocomosa)
- Divide the dough into 5 parts.
- Take two plastic sheets .. Roll each part into a thin round around 1/4th of an inch thick..cut into semicircles.
- Gently hold the semicircle(it is very fragile)..make an overlapping cone.. Add 1tsp filling and seal the edges..
- Place on a greased tray.. Repeat for remaining dough.
- Refrigerate until u r ready to serve.. (This might firm the ganache but it’s still gooey in texture).. Enjoy yummilicious chocolate samosa or Chocomosa as I call it..
- It might be difficult to handle the Chena mixture. Dust the sheets with cocoa powder so that working becomes easier.
- Keep your hands greased slightly so that the dough doesn’t stick.
- If unable to shape..refrigerate the dough again till Pliable.
Recipe by: www.abhiscookbook.wordpress.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/abhiscookbook