just another day…but the rain pouring down is making me feel so special…a call from a distant loved one…cherishing the good old college memories..laughing at the crazy things we did back then…m smiling still…
To give the background score, i had a chirping bird…the smell of wet earth..a cup of my favorite green tea in hand..life is bliss!! amidst this setup i don’t feel like cooking an exhaustive meal but still wanna eat something different…ahhh… i look around and find this..
Had made a few Taco shells a couple of days back..i just decided to make the dips and here i have a nice and sumptuous appetizer…TEX-MEX TACOS…
the original recipe is by tarladalal…i have made my own adjustments and the result is indeed so delicious..
Preparation Time: 35 min.
Cooking Time: 40 min.
Serves 8 to10.
For the tacos
- 1 cup maize flour (makai ka atta)
- 1 cup plain flour (maida)
- 3 tsp oil
- oil for deep-frying
For the stuffing
- Re-fried beans
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce leaves
- chopped cabbage (optional)
- Shredded carrots (optional)
- salt to taste
To be mixed into a red sauce
- 1/3 cup tomato ketchup
- 2 tsp red chili sauce
For the tacos
- Mix the flours. Add the oil and salt and make a soft dough by adding warm water
- Roll out thin rounds about 4″ (100 mm.) in diameter with the help of a little plain flour. Prick lightly with a fork.
- Deep fry in hot oil on both sides and then bend into a ‘U’ shape while hot.
- Store the tacos in an air-tight tin.
How to serve
- Make a red sauce by mixing the tomato ketchup and chilli sauce.
- Mix the chopped tomatoes, spring onions, lettuce leaves, cabbage and salt.
- In the fold of each taco, fill some refried beans, sprinkle some red sauce and fill with the chopped vegetables. Again sprinkle a little red sauce and serve.
Recipe by: www.abhiscookbook.wordpress.com
if you like the recipe..don’t forget to give me a Thumsup…thank you pal!! www.facebook.com/abhiscookbook