this my friends is the quick-fix re-fried bean dip. I did not make the exhaustive kidney bean dip using rajma…perhaps i will save it for some other time…for now…enjoy this as an accompaniment to your Mexican meal..
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Makes 4 cups
- 2 cups baked beans (canned one)
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 to 3 green chilies, finely chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp roasted cumin seeds (jeera) powder
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp cheese for garnishing
- salt to taste
- Combine the tomatoes, garlic, green chillies, half the onions and salt along with enough water and cook in a pressure cooker for 2 whistles. Drain and keep aside the drained water.
- Heat the oil and fry the remaining onions for 1/2 minute.
- Add the baked beans and the tomato mixture, chilli powder, cumin seed powder, oregano, sugar, butter and salt and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mash the beans coarsely.
- If the mixture is dry, add little of the drained water.
- Serve hot garnished with cheese .
Recipe by: www.abhiscookbook.wordpress.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/abhiscookbook