A bed of chips/tortillas whatever you may call it, served with dips like sour cream,salsa, re-fried beans makes ‘Nachos’..also called tex-mex nachos…
they are such a good party appetiser..can be served alongside drinks..no last minute hassels..i love them so much…a bag of homemade chips and some dips…perrrfect…midnight meal while watching a movie..
nom nom…i cant wait to eat it..
- cornchips- 2 cups
- Salsa – 1 cup
- re-fried beans- 1 cup
- cheese sauce- 1 cup
- sour cream- 1 cup
- olives, spring onions – for garnishing
For the corn chips
- 1 cup maize flour (makai ka atta)
- 1 cup plain flour (maida)
- 3 tsp oil
- oil for deep-frying
- Mix the flours. Add the oil and salt and make a soft dough by adding warm water
- Roll out thin rounds about 7″ (100 mm.) in diameter with the help of a little plain flour. Prick lightly with a fork.
- cut into triangles.
- deep fry in hot oil on both sides until done.
- store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
For the cheese sauce
in a microwave safe bowl, melt 1 cup grated cheese with 1/2 cup milk..keep stirring in between until the cheese melts and the sauce boils. add salt and white pepper. quick cheese sauce is ready.
To serve the nachos:
serve chips separately with the salsa, refried beans and sour cream. alternatively you can arrange the chips on a plate and spread the sauces and dips. pour cheese sauce on top and garnish with olives or springonions.
Recipe by: www.abhiscookbook.wordpress.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/abhiscookbook