It took me long to come back and write this one. Honestly, time management(read laziness) is the real big issue!!! Nevermind…
I first tried this crunchy munchy snack during my college days. Ever since I had been wondering if I could get it customized to suit my taste.. Voila, found this recipe. One bowl is never enough to make u feel satiated.
I eat more with the eyes (literally). Something that is colourful ,has different textures and looks like a garden on the plate. It calls for my immediate attention.
Ingredients(for fried noodles)
- Chinese Noodles 200 gms
- Oil to fry
- Salt to taste
Par boil the noodles in large quantities of boiling water for a couple of minutes. Add Salt and 2tsp oil to the water. Strain.cool the noodles under running water. Spread it on a kitchen towel.
Heat oil. Fry the noodles until they are slightly crisp. Store them in a jar.
- Shredded Cabbage 1 Cup
- Thinly Sliced Capsicum 1/2 Cup
- Thinly Sliced Carrot 1/2 Cup
- Sliced Babycorn(optional) 4-5
- Finely chopped springonion 1/2 Cup
- Chilli Garlic Paste 2 Tbsp
- Vinegar 2 Tsp
- Salt, sugar,pepper To taste
- a pinch of azinomoto(optional)
- Oil 1 Tbsp
- Finely chopped onion,cucumber,tomato 1/2 Cup each
- Finely chopped Coriander 2 Tbsp
- Tomato ketchup 1/4th Cup
Heat oil in a wok. Add Cabbage, Capsicum, Carrot, Babycorn and azinomoto. Stir fry for a minute. Now add springonions, chilli garlic paste, vinegar, salt, sugar and white pepper powder. Saute for a couple of minutes and keep aside.
Just before serving, add the fried noodles, onion, cucumber, tomatoes and tomato ketchup. Garnish with coriander and serve immediately.
- Do the mixing just before serving so that the noodles remain crisp.
- The fried noodles can be kept in an airtight container for a week.
- Use less oil in order to make this healthier. The taste wont be compromised.