This has to be my husbands all time favorite dessert..Its almost always that he will tell me…yaar! tumko nahi lagta bahut din ho gaye souffle nahi banaya..all i can do is smile at his way of asking me to make it. Be it summers or winters, this delicacy never fails to impress my guests..lovely creamy texture just melts in the mouth. Before you decide to savor the taste. Its over alredyyy…sheer indulgence!!
As i am on bed thinking about the best part of the day. I guess i am thinking about another shot of this souffle.By now aren’t you already contemplating to make this soon…:)
“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.”
― Charles M. Schulz
Shall add pictures for the process in between when i am making it next time. And that is happening very soon. My taste buds already scintillating!!! chuckles!!
Ingredients (Serves 8)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp chocolate essence
- Few drops chocolate colour
- 1 tbsp gelatin soaked in 3 tbsp water
- 200 gms whipping cream (1 cup)
- A pinch of salt
- chocolate chips / chocolate curls for decoration
Heat milk adding sugar. cook stirring constantly till sugar dissolves. If using unsweetened whipping cream, add 1 tbsp extra sugar in the milk. Remove the mixture from heat and add the soaked gelatin. keep stirring till the gelatin dissolves completely and we have a homogeneous mixture.let this cool.Add a pinch of salt. Place in the freezer till set like jelly. this could take anywhere between 20-40mins depending on the freezer temperature. Now whip this in a blender for a minute, adding chocolate essence and colour.
In the meanwhile, whip the cream till thick. around 4-5 mins or until stiff peaks form. separate one third for decoration.Pour this into an icing bag andt keep in the refrigerator.
Add the remaining cream to the whipped milk-gelatin mixture. fold the cream into this mixture very lightly. We do not want to loose the air bubbles created during whipping.
Pour this mixture in an 8 inch pudding bowl. Alternately, pour into shot glasses or serving bowls and set in the freezer for 20minutes.
Decorate using the icing bag. sprinkle some chocolate chips or chocolate shavings.souffle is ready to serve. TIPS
- Use full cream fresh milk.
- Add gelatin not on fire.
- I use soya cream for my souffle, makes it a low calorie healthy dessert.
- Experiment with flavours..just add the colour and essence as per the flavour and omit the cocoa.You could try the following:
- Strawberry- Use fresh strawberry slices for decoration
- Orange- Add orange zest for additional flavour
- Vanilla- Add lemon yellow colour. use chocolate sauce for decoration.
- Almond- Add cut almonds to the milk gelatin mixture.